Visit our area
Planning on exploring while you're here? Here are some of our fave road trips and destinations - all within a day's drive out and home again.
Distances from our door to some of our favourite spots in the Garden Route and Klein Karoo:
- Brenton-on-Sea beach: 900 metres
- Buffalo Bay Beach (by road): 10.2 km (or you can walk from Brenton Beach: it's only 5 km on the sand)
- Knysna Waterfront (shopping, restaurants, boat trips): 15 km
- Thesen Harbour Town (shopping, restaurants): 16.5 km
- Knysna Golf Club: 19.5 km
- Simola Golf & Country Estate: 17.5 km
- Pezula Championship Golf Course: 23 km
- The Eastern Head: 21.6 km
- Jubilee Creek forest picnic site, Garden Route National Park: 28.7 km
- Rheenendal and the start of the 7 Passes Road - the scenic forest & mountain road to George (great for MTBs!): 24.9 km
- Plettenberg Bay (Lookout Beach): 48.5 km
- The Crags (Monkeyland, Birds of Eden): 68.4 km
- Bloukrans Bridge (Bloukrans Bungy): 83.3 km
- Storms River Mouth (Tsitsikamma section of the Garden Route National Park): 110 km
- Sedgefield: 27 km
- Wilderness Beach & The Wilderness section of the Garden Route National Park: 47.7 km
- George (Garden Route Mall): 58 km
- Mossel Bay (Dias Museum & Maritime Museum): 109 km
- Oudtshoorn via the Outeniqua Pass (ostrich show farms, wine farms): 120 km
- Cango Caves: 150 km
- Calitzdorp (wine farms): 175 km
- de Rust (wine farms, Meiringspoort):153 km
- Swartberg Pass & the Swartberg Nature Reserve: 171km (and then it's another 21 km to Prince Albert)
Possibly the town in South Africa with the greatest reputation for romance and mystery. And then there's that lagoon and those forests...
This walking path follows the contour along the cliffs almost outside our door at Brenton Bushbuck Lodge. Spectacular views and plenty of comfy benches from which to enjoy them!
Our guide to the best places to swim, walk, play ball or beach bats, fly your kite, read your book (or write it), propose...
Pledge Nature Reserve
Set in the centre of town Pledge Nature Reserve, covers approximately 10ha and is administered by the Pledge Nature Reserve Trust. Well worth a visit
Garden Route National Park
155,000 hectares of the most beautiful wilderness on earth - right here on our doorstep. Here's how to make the most of South Africa's first unfenced, true community park.
Garden Route & Klein Karoo
Some tips for visiting the area from Mossel Bay to Storms River Mouth, and inland to Oudtshoorn, the Cango Caves, Calitzdorp, and de Rust (mmm! Wine tastings!)